Attitude:

P letter O letter S pink tag letter I letter T I V letter E

Friday, August 6, 2010

Tool # 6: WIKI

When one hears WIKI, it sounds like something very technological that only IT experts can figure out. At least that’s what I thought at first. The first time I joined a wiki was to sign up for observations. I joined the group on Wiki spaces and could edit and save the scheduled times. Wikis serve for many other things like discussion boards within classroom students or work colleagues. From the example wiki spaces I browsed through I got the idea of conducting a research project. The students would join their group and edit and save the page or linked pages to complete the process. This can also tie into bookmarking on delicious. The groups can save sites in which they find useful information to later share with the whole class or for future use.


I plan to create a group with my students to use for discussions as part of lessons, signups for presentations, as well as have a place for questions students may have. I can respond as well as their fellow classmates, all of which I will monitor. To me this tool seems easier for elementary students to use than Google docs.

1 comment:

  1. you say you are new to many of these tools, but you certainly have lots of great plans for using them with your new 4th grade class. Have a fun new year in your new grade level!

    ReplyDelete