Attitude:

P letter O letter S pink tag letter I letter T I V letter E

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tool # 10: Mobile Apps

It is incredible how many applications are out there to aid with educating our children. Although we wish all of our students loved to read we all know the student or students that say they don’t like SSR time. They may not be so advanced in reading, which makes them try to stay away from books. Well what better way to engage them in reading than with the use of technology. The NASA app, just like a book, provides information, illustrations and facts about NASA. The teacher can engage the student on the iTouch, and then move them onto books as well as using this tool as a resource in lessons. Another app that I liked was “I can write”. This one can be very beneficial to our upper grades since the writing process is of such importance there.


I have not had a chance to explore these apps personally but I am very much looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment